Seminal Australian horror Lake Mungo from director Joel Anderson was originally released in 2008, and the documentary-style chiller has made far reaching ripples, thrilling horror fans and inspiring budding filmmakers across the globe and establishing itself as a cult classic.
When 16-year-old Alice Palmer tragically drowns while swimming in the local dam, her grieving family start to experience a series of strange, inexplicable events and become increasingly unsettled. Seeking out the help of a parapsychologist, they learn that Alice had been living through extremely troubling, disturbing times and hiding deep, dark secrets. Now they are desperate to know what haunted their daughter and what is happening to them.
Does Lake Mungo hold the terrifying truth?
- Archive audio commentary by Producer David Rapsey and DoP John Brawley
- New audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Emma Westwood
- Captured Spirits: an interview with DoP John Brawley
- Ghost in the Machine: an interview with Producer David Rapsey
- A Cop and a Friend: an interview with Actors Carole Patullo & James Lawson
- Kindred Spirits: Filmmakers Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead on Lake Mungo
- Hosting Spirits: Filmmaker Rob Savage on Lake Mungo
- Simulacra and Spirits: a video essay by film writer Josh Nelson
- Autopsy of a Family Home: a video essay by filmmaker Joseph Wallace
- Deleted scenes